Mold is a serious problem. Recent studies have increased our awareness to the dangers of microbial contamination within a home. Pro-Care is certified in Mold Remediation by the Indoor Air Quality Association. All of Pro-Care’s remediation technicians are trained in the proper protocol to remediate mold-affected areas while protecting the inhabitants and the unaffected areas of your home or building from cross contamination.
Mold Remediation Services include:
- Working directly with IAQ (Indoor Air Quality) professionals to ensure proper protocols are instituted.
- Visual mold inspections.
- Moisture / leak problem identification using infrared cameras.
- Complete source removal services, including full containment and protection of unaffected areas.
- Use of negative air equipment to prevent the spread of airborne contaminants.
Pro-Care inc. is certified in Mold Remediation with the Indoor Air Quality Association.
Prevention Tips for the Homeowner:
- When water leaks indoors from any source –ACT IMMEDIATLEY!
- In most cases, if wet materials are dried within 24-48 hours, mold will not grow.
- Keep all air conditioner drip pans clean, and drain lines clear and properly flowing.
- Clean and repair roof gutters.
- Keep indoor humidity low by allowing fresh air flow and/or the use of de-humidifiers.
- Check for moisture or condensation collecting on windows and walls. ACT IMMEDIATLEY to dry wet surfaces.
- Ensure proper ventilation in all building areas, including the basement and attic.
- Call Pro-Care to receive additional information from one of our pros!
If you do not have moisture, mold will not grow!
Some common signs of possible mold:
- Water stains on wall /ceilings
- Black staining
- Paint or wallpaper peeling
- Musty odor
- Visible mold growth