Mold RemediationMarch 31, 2017
Pro-Care is certified in Mold Remediation by the Indoor Air Quality Association. All Pro-Care’s mold remediation technicians are trained in the proper protocol to remediate mold-affected areas while protecting the inhabitants and the unaffected areas of your home or building from cross contamination. Our trained estimators will develop a scope of remediation services or we will work with your mold consultant or industrial hygienist’s scope of remediation report.
The homeowner, property adjuster, property manager, trustee or facility manager will receive a detailed scope / cost of the mold remediation services to be completed before scheduling the mold remediation project.
Here are some mold prevention tips, keep in mind if you do not have moisture mold will not grow!
- When water leaks indoors from any source –ACT IMMEDIATLEY! The most common area is under the sink water “drips”. Over time these small leaks cause big mold problems. Don’t put the repair off fix it immediately.
- Keep all air conditioner drip pans clean, and drain lines clear and properly flowing.
- Clean and repair roof gutters.
- Keep indoor humidity low by allowing fresh air flow and/or the use of de-humidifiers.
- Check for moisture or condensation collecting on windows and walls. ACT IMMEDIATLEY to dry wet surfaces.
- Ensure proper ventilation in all building areas, including the basement and attic.
In most cases, if wet materials are dried within 24-48 hours, mold will not grow. Below you will find some common signs of possible mold:
- Water stains on wall /ceilings
- Black staining
- Paint or wallpaper peeling
- Musty odor
- Visible mold growth
If you notice any of these signs contact us to receive additional information from one of our pros!
Categorized in: April Showers bring May events!