Is your property ready for Winter?December 28, 2017
Frozen Pipes** Ice Dams** Water Damage**
Now is the time to take steps to prevent possible frozen pipe breaks from happening at your property. As you may know water has the ability to damage and destroy your home or office very quickly. Here are some tips to help you be proactive in preventing frozen pipe breaks.
*KNOW WHERE YOUR WATER MAIN SHUT OFF IS LOCATED. (tag it)
Whether you’re living in a single family home, apartment complex or condominium you should know the location of the main shut off to the building and any shut offs in your living space.
*DON’ T TURN OFF YOUR HEAT WHEN GOING OUT TURN IT DOWN.
With the high cost of energy it is tempting to shut off or turn the thermostat down to low. Doing so will increase your chance of having your pipes freeze and burst.
*PERIODIC CHECK OF APPLIANCE HOSES.
Change them if they look frayed or worn.
*SHUT OFF OUTSIDE FAUCETS.
If you have water damage take immediate steps to dry your home or office completely to prevent further damage and mold growth.
Ice Dams can really wreak havoc on your buildings. Below are some tips to help prevent Ice dams from forming on your property.
Proactive tips to prevent ice dams:
• Keep gutters clean.
• Ventilation is key.
• Even temperature along the entire roof will prevent the thaw and refreeze cycle preventing ice dams.
Make sure to have proper insulation in your ceiling.
• Snow removal / roof raking
• Clean parking lot drains and downspout drains
• Moisture from ice dams can lead to the growth of mold.
• To prevent mold it is important to dry the wet area immediately and completely.
If you discover you have a burst pipe or water damage call us and let us know:
• Has the source of the leak been stopped or repaired? Do you need assistance with plumbing? Pro-care has a full service plumbing division ready to repair pipes and leaks.
• Inspect surrounding units or rooms for water damage. Water tends to travel to the least expected places.
• Inform unit owners or let tenants know that you will need access to their units to mitigate water damage.
Pro-Care is available 24 hours a day 7 days a week with locations in Woburn, Hopedale and Hudson, NH.
Categorized in: Uncategorized